Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Just want to clarify but if you're using any Google service, you're "logged in", right? So if you have gmail open in one window, and doing searches in another, you're being tracked, right? And even if you log out but have the same IP address, can't they simply put two and two together?

That's my understanding. That's why they're always urging you to log in. And that's also why they're always pushing the "convenience" of a single sign-on for all their services. Yep, it's convenient... for them to track you.
Discussions - Public / Re: camera experiments
« Last post by unix on April 28, 2017, 06:05:58 PM »
Damn, you are a pro.
Good reply  ;D

And I guess the answer is: Yes  They can and will track you.
the answer is:

startpage.com

duckduckgo.com

I have been on it for a number of years. Never been able to leverage it to anything significant.
NEVER log into Google for searches.

Never use Google searches on a device that forces you to log in except for the most benign searches.

Just want to clarify but if you're using any Google service, you're "logged in", right? So if you have gmail open in one window, and doing searches in another, you're being tracked, right? And even if you log out but have the same IP address, can't they simply put two and two together?
If they are gay, it's a certain hire. And if not you sue for discrimination.

I like the cut of your jib.

Ha-Ha How can we spin that for age discrimination too?
LinkedIn has value only to two people:
recruiters looking for bodies - and they do this for all positions that can be recruited, not just tech talent
sales people looking for who to contact at a prospect company.

Everyone else is simply providing raw material to those two groups.
NEVER log into Google for searches.

Never use Google searches on a device that forces you to log in except for the most benign searches.
Loco Stories / Humor / Re: Get Your Own Rare Pepe
« Last post by The Gorn on April 27, 2017, 08:22:57 PM »
My latest one says "HE WILL NOT DIVIDE US". I brought it to work and told everyone I'm the one that stole Shia's flag. I'm not the one, obviously, but everyone believed me. LOL.

That's completely hilarious! That's like when Osama Bin Laden was taken out, I took a picture of myself posed in front of a TV set. I superimposed my face in that image looking up at the TV on the popular news image of Bin Laden holding a remote and watching TV.

It's always great to make news events your own. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10