Author Topic: What's up with this?  (Read 664 times)

JoFrance

• CCF Winner's Circle - Supporter
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
What's up with this?
« on: May 21, 2016, 03:51:07 PM »
Something is terribly wrong with society.  These people have a convention every year in Las Vegas.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3602177/Puppy-play-definitely-not-sex-TV-documentary-sheds-light-barking-mad-men-enjoy-dressing-dogs.html

I just can't imagine what these people are thinking.

The Gorn

• I absolutely DESPISE improvised sulfur-charcoal-salt peter cannons made out of hollow tree branches filled with diamonds as projectiles.
  • Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
  • Gorn Classic, user of Gornix
    • View Profile
Re: What's up with this?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 06:44:48 PM »
Looks like a weird amalgam of cosplay and S&M bondage.

Look up "cosplay" unless you know about it already, Jo. Cosplay == costume play, people making or buying elaborate and expensive costumes of fictional characters (typically stuff like Firefly, Marvel comix, Star Trek, etc.) and attending conventions dressed that way.
Gornix is protected by the GPL. *

* Gorn Public License. Duplication by inferior sentient species prohibited.

I D Shukhov

• CCF Winner's Circle - Supporter
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 04:51:28 AM »
It reminds me of elementary or what was called Junior High School in my youth.  People did stupid little things like seeing how many t-shirts you could wear to school (I think 7 was the record), pulling off the loops on the back of other people's shirts, wearing industrial work boots and large leather belts with oversize buckles, smoking pipes and cigars at age 12 or 13, etc.

Be Prepared.

Code Refugee

• Wise Sage
  • To Serve Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 05:31:00 AM »
Some sort of submissive fetish thing for S&M people.

The article talks about it being a "craze sweeping the nation", which is obviously complete nonsense. Their "around 10,000 people" is also nonsense.

Likely there's a few hundred people that do this in the way shown in the article (spending thousands on special suits, and trying to force one's spouse to treat you like a dog full time, daily walkies, maybe eating dog food), maybe there's a few dozen at most that do it very seriously over a long time. Obviously it's a mental disorder, like the rich old men who wear diapers and hire a nanny to bottle feed them.

Might as well claim there's a cannibalism craze sweeping the nation. Good example of media trying to create a moral panic fuss over nothing.

To do this sort of thing full time though one has to wonder how they finance it. Trust fund? Idle aristocrat with a public stipend for castle maintenance? Or just on a generous public dole? Whatever the source of funding, they likely have nothing better to do with their lives, plus too much tolerance from their codependent enablers.

The Gorn

• I absolutely DESPISE improvised sulfur-charcoal-salt peter cannons made out of hollow tree branches filled with diamonds as projectiles.
  • Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 06:56:58 AM »
Might as well claim there's a cannibalism craze sweeping the nation.

I'm in!  >:D  :D

unix

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 05:27:24 PM »
Insert the "Wat lady" meme.

Brawndo. It's got what plants crave.

The Gorn

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 05:40:45 PM »
Insert the "Wat lady" meme.

I learn something new every day here.