Author Topic: Global Hide and Seek  (Read 630 times)

Code Refugee

• Wise Sage
  • To Serve Man
    • View Profile
Global Hide and Seek
« on: April 14, 2017, 10:52:47 AM »
You may recall that last month Shia LaBeouf essentially challenged 4chan to play capture the flag with him, with the entire United  States as the playground. 4chan handily won the game in only a day by analyzing sunrise time, star patterns and flight contrails shown in the blue sky behind the flag to find his flag at a remote farm in rural Tennessee and swap it with a Pepe tee shirt.

LaBeouf then decided to expand the challenge globally and went into hiding somewhere in the world, unspecified, with no sky shown. Global Hide and Seek: The Ultimate Challenge!

Their only clue was images of LaBeouf in front of a nondescript looking wood paneled wall... like one would find in a cabin somewhere. No sky to be seen, no stars or sunrise or flight contrails as clues. Impossible? Of course not! The species of wood, the cold weather clothing, and the hours they are active used narrows it to a part of the world...

4chan rapidly figured out he was in the Arctic... he was in Finland... he was on the Sweden/Finland border, then...

There's around 3000 rental cabins in Lapland, we just need to match wood patterns, easy enough.

...in the specific cabin he was in.

https://heatst.com/tech/did-4chan-already-locate-shia-labeoufs-finland-cabin-hideout/

These autists finding someone in a cabin within a day...

Remember the massive cost of the hide and seek game we played with bin Laden? I think it cost over a trillion dollars to find him, and hundreds of thousands of people died.

4chan did the exact same thing at zero cost and no casualties, just all for the lolz.

The Gorn

• I absolutely DESPISE improvised sulfur-charcoal-salt peter cannons made out of hollow tree branches filled with diamonds as projectiles.
  • Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
  • Gorn Classic, user of Gornix
    • View Profile
Re: Global Hide and Seek
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 01:30:23 PM »

So allow me to trace this chain of events.

This LaBeouf person published selfies of himself in or in front of a cabin in the arctic.

The 4chan community then determined that a rental cabin in the arctic was most likely to be found in Lapland.

In other words, there are no arctic regions where rental vacation cabins are located in any other part of the world or in any other country. I'm thinking only coastal Alaska at this time of the year. There wouldn't be anything in Canada at those latitudes (that is permafrost and ice road trucker territory), and Russia and Siberia don't seem hospitable to vacation accommodations for social justice warrior pansies. Working one's way around the globe, only Finland or Sweden or perhaps Iceland or Greenland make any sense. Then figure out what locations actually have rentals.

Then it's a matter of the community of aspies running through the VRBO.com type listings.

If you narrow things that way it doesn't seem quite as big a feat.

Is there a community and a base of support for this useless cuck LaBeouf fairy?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 01:41:08 PM by The Gorn »
Gornix is protected by the GPL. *

* Gorn Public License. Duplication by inferior sentient species prohibited.

Code Refugee

• Wise Sage
  • To Serve Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 04:00:35 PM »
He's not useless at all! He's the greatest leader of Capture the Flag and Hide and Seek games in history! He is providing endless hours of entertainment, engagement and amusement for autists world wide. And all for free!

I think we should nominate the guy for sainthood or an academy award because of all he has contributed to human culture this year with these engaging fun games.

I am not a big fan of sports but I am greatly enjoying the play by play excitement of these cutting edge reality game sports between movie stars and head-banging basement dwellers. Praise Kek, we owe it all to the Donald who is the Great Inspiration behind these noble athletes. What a time to be alive!

The Gorn

• I absolutely DESPISE improvised sulfur-charcoal-salt peter cannons made out of hollow tree branches filled with diamonds as projectiles.
  • Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 05:34:23 PM »
I stand corrected.

Finally, a real use for libtards other than grinding into fertilizer or sending to work camps. :P Ok, so I'm exaggerating.

It is pretty funny that social retards and aspies with no social skills can p0wn a relatively rich movie star over and over again.

The nature of social media is that LaBeef has to say SOMETHING about his "secret" location just to engage with social media followers. Of necessity he has to drop clues if he wants to publicize his, er, "work".

ilconsiglliere

• CCF Winner's Circle - Supporter
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:07:34 AM »

Finally, a real use for libtards other than grinding into fertilizer or sending to work camps. :P Ok, so I'm exaggerating.

What size do you wear?  I can order you a uniform and boots.  >:D You will look smashing in black, its very slimming. LOL
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:18:33 AM by ilconsiglliere »

The Gorn

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 11:33:18 AM »
^ I don't see a problem with that remark at all.

Obergruppenfuhrer Gorn at your service.

From the Amazon Prime series, Gorn in the High Castle.

ilconsiglliere

• Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:58:27 AM »
^ I don't see a problem with that remark at all.

Obergruppenfuhrer Gorn at your service.

From the Amazon Prime series, Gorn in the High Castle.

OMG!!! LOL!!!!!!! Made my day!!! Too funny.

See I told you it was slimming :)

Code Refugee

• Wise Sage
  • To Serve Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 06:53:25 AM »
I'm really impressed by that image. Was trying to figure where it was from but seems to be your original work.

Did remind me of this which I had to look up to confirm wasn't the actual source.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Na%27kuhl

The Gorn

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 07:12:00 AM »
A combination of these two, mashed up in Gimp. Overall it took me about 10 minutes, and I thought possessing this quality image meme was worth the effort.

The Gorn head was from this page:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/383228249527733579/

I used a select by color function to select the background, and erased it, rendering the background transparent.

The man is Obergruppenfuhrer Smith from the series: http://tyrannyofstyle.com/costume-design-man-in-the-high-castle

Dropped Gornie into Smith's image, used a resize function to render the Gorn head layer sizeable, and stretched and positioned it.

I'm completely, absolutely straight but I am gay for Smith in this uniform.  :D  >:D I mean DAMN these are nice looking uniforms.

The Nazis had sartorial fashion to the 9's when they weren't gassing people.

The Gorn

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 07:16:59 AM »
I'm really impressed by that image. Was trying to figure where it was from but seems to be your original work.

Did remind me of this which I had to look up to confirm wasn't the actual source.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Na%27kuhl

Damn, I miss Enterprise! And that story arc was goofy great. Alien Nazis. From the period just before the producer Manny Cotto of 24 and Odyssey 5 took over Enterprise and made the fourth season really quality, right before it was canceled.

If you don't have Netflix, the great broadcast subchannel Heroes&Icons shows Enterprise every weeknight. H&I considers Star Trek "heroes and icons" on a par with stuff like Combat!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 07:28:42 AM by The Gorn »

ilconsiglliere

• Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 07:30:25 AM »
Very talented editing. I dont know anything about Photoshop/Gimp beyond that its used for editing pictures. Photoshop always seemed like a huge hassle to do even basic things  so I never learned it.

The Gorn

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 07:36:01 AM »
^ Great, we're going full Stormfront here.  ???

Adobe Photoshop and Gimp are both advanced image editors. Each has support for layers, transparency, and tons of raster graphics operations. Gimp is GNU open source, and Photoshop is either costly or rented and cloud based.

Doing something like my mashup is well beyond the capabilities of simpler editors like Paintshop Pro or Paintbrush. You really need layers (individual sub-images that are combined when you save a JPG or PNG or GIF version of your image.)

ilconsiglliere

• Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:13 AM »
^ Great, we're going full Stormfront here.  ???

Adobe Photoshop and Gimp are both advanced image editors. Each has support for layers, transparency, and tons of raster graphics operations. Gimp is GNU open source, and Photoshop is either costly or rented and cloud based.

Doing something like my mashup is well beyond the capabilities of simpler editors like Paintshop Pro or Paintbrush. You really need layers (individual sub-images that are combined when you save a JPG or PNG or GIF version of your image.)

Inside everyone there is a little fascist waiting to come out ;) . If you want I can delete it, I hope everyone realizes I am just playing.

Interesting stuff about Photoshop and Gimp. Photoshop is expensive if I remember. Is Gimp just as powerful?

The Gorn

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2017, 11:32:01 AM »
No, leave it up. It's a parody of SJWs and the AntiFa anuses who call anyone who disagrees with them Nazis.

I've never used full Photoshop, just the PE edition bundled with a scanner. My third hand advisement is that Gimp has almost exactly the same power. Just quite different structure to the menus and the operations.

ilconsiglliere

• Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
You know whats funny, if these antifa and sjw assholes encountered a real nazi from back in the day they wouldnt be laughing.

I downloaded Gimp this afternoon and going to play with it. Its free so I have nothing to lose. Thanks for your help.