Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to be released in a week  (Read 139 times)

unix

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to be released in a week
« on: August 17, 2017, 01:21:58 AM »
If the device has removable battery, I will get it, and if not, I won't. Nice 6.3" screen, so it's a true phablet. And 2560x1440 which is sharp.

I am currently running Note 4 only because I can install that McDonalds supersized menu 2-day battery in it, it looks like a small brick.

If Note 8 fails me like 7 did, will probably go to LG V30. Both V10 and V20 use removable cells which is nice and ZeroLemon has the 10,000 mAh extended battery - very nice. That's 3 times the size of the stock one. 3000 mAh is really sad and the higher resolution drains it in a nanosecond, does not make it to lunch.

Go forth and consume..

Else you are un-American.

Brawndo. It's got what plants crave.

ilconsiglliere

• CCF Winner's Circle - Supporter
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to be released in a week
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »
I had a Samsung Galaxy Edge S7. I sold it after a month.

The hardware was mostly good and it had an amazing screen. Battery life was crap. Had to constantly charge it. I didnt care for the whole edge thing, it was more a gimmick and it was way to easy to trigger stuff. It would though get as hot as frying pan while charging it or talking on the phone.

The software blew it hard. Android OS is not refined, no matter what they say. There was a million things running sucking power and you had to go in one by one and turn them off. It was hard to ascertain what it was all doing. One thing that really annoyed me is the voicemail was a separate app from the telelphone app? WHAT? RETARDED. As for both the Samsung and Google email apps - they both sucked. When it imported all my stuff from my iPhone it hosed it all. All my contacts had to be rebuilt and the music ended up in some bizarre folder that the default music app could not find. I installed alternate music apps and they couldnt find it either.

After a month I couldnt deal with it anymore and walked into an Apple store and got an iPhone 7. Asked me when my old iPhone took its last backup, said about a month ago. They said plug it in and leave it alone for about an hour. I plugged it in and 1 hour later I was back in business. All my contacts were there, my music was there and so were all my apps. It was brain dead.

I sold my Samsung on Ebay for more than I paid for it :) as I got it at Walmart at close out prices.

One thing I wont ever be doing again is moving from Apple to Android. Its way too aggravating.

unix

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to be released in a week
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 01:19:34 PM »
Well, there is one thing you can do - install a custom ROM. It's very nice. They tune out all the BS bloatware. All these apps you just cannot delete. It makes it run faster and improves battery life.

I had an LG V10 with a custom ROM - no complaints. Only downside is, it's not free. You have to buy it. I didn't pay anything because I got mine slightly used with a lot of work already done to it.
Brawndo. It's got what plants crave.