Author Topic: Workforce Development  (Read 143 times)

JoFrance

• CCF Winner's Circle - Supporter
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
Workforce Development
« on: June 13, 2017, 03:02:36 PM »
This is a very exciting initiative by the Trump Administration.  I remember back in the 70's when there were a lot of apprenticeship programs for people to go into fields that required expertise, but not a 4 year degree.  This makes total sense to me and is a great idea.  These jobs pay just as much money as many STEM jobs.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/06/11/workforce-development-week-kicks-off-white-house/

The Gorn

• I absolutely DESPISE improvised sulfur-charcoal-salt peter cannons made out of hollow tree branches filled with diamonds as projectiles.
  • Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
  • Gorn Classic, user of Gornix
    • View Profile
Re: Workforce Development
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »
Assistant to the President Ivanka Trump told reporters in a call previewing the week that the administration will be “focusing intensely around various initiatives that we’ve put in place that are incredible administrative priorities.”

“In recent decades there has been great focus on the importance of four-year education, higher education.  And the reality is that that is not the right path for everyone.  While it is the right path for many, it is not for everyone.”

Trump said that the administration is working to close the remaining “skills gap.”

This sounds like Mike Rowe is directing things.

Great!!!!
Gornix is protected by the GPL. *

* Gorn Public License. Duplication by inferior sentient species prohibited.