Author Topic: Are You ready to work in IT in India?  (Read 157 times)

benali72

• CCF Winner's Circle - Supporter
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
Are You ready to work in IT in India?
« on: July 15, 2017, 07:42:03 AM »
Are you ready to work in IT in India?

Here's a web page for one Bangalore company that used to be all U.S. jobs. -- www.indeed.co.in/cmp/Allstate-Solutions-Private-Limited/salaries

If my currency conversions are correct, the listed salaries range from roughly $2,000 to $8,000 US dollars.

Here's thoughtful article entitled  WILL US TECH JOBS TURN ALL-INDIAN  --
http://organizationsandsocialchange.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/will-u-s-tech-jobs-turn-all-indian-the-h1b-visa-dilemma/comment-page-2/#comment-4198

And an article from 5 years ago that confirms that U.S. IT employment is shrinking due to offshoring --
www.computerworld.com/article/2502949/it-outsourcing/offshoring-shrinks-number-of-it-jobs--study-says.html

Code Refugee

• Wise Sage
  • To Serve Man
    • View Profile
Re: Are You ready to work in IT in India?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:29:06 AM »
I've heard it's de-facto impossible for a foreigner to get an employment visa to allow them to work in India. The only way it is allowed is if they are a manager at IBM and IBM is establishing an office there to hire Indians. Then one manager will be allowed. But if you are the actual tech guy you'll never get a visa to work at a firm based in India under any circumstances.

The way the US allows immigration is not the way most of the rest of the world does it. Out of 200+ countries in the world, in at least 175 of them they will never let a foreigner come in and take a job there, other than certain extremely narrow niches, like teaching english, or managing at a US company that is outsourcing to that country.

unix

• Trusted Member
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »
Oh shyte. I misread the labels. I initially read 4,18,533  as 4,18x,533  thinking it ended up being 29K/year - I knew something was wrong, while of course it's more like 3K/year.

They do not deal in thousands like in US, but in a different denomination which explains the way it's spelled out.

Oh what a glorious shythole.
Brawndo. It's got what plants crave.

benali72

• CCF Winner's Circle - Supporter
  • Wise Sage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »
I've heard it's de-facto impossible for a foreigner to get an employment visa to allow them to work in India.
Great point.

I bet we're one of very few countries in the world where our policies encourage companies to deprive our citizens of jobs.